Browse By PC Games Title:
The Colossal Cave
1. Enter building. Get keys and lamp. The lamp appears
here should you have to be reincarnated.
2. Unlock gate (with key). Get cage.
3. Try the magic word, XYZZY. Try it again. Get rod.
4. Drop rod. Get bird. Get rod.
5. Wave rod. Drop rod. Go get diamonds and gold.
6. Release bird. Drop cage. Grab coins and silver.
Note: Dwarves are lousy shots, but sometimes,
unfortunately, they can get lucky. Carry the ax, as you
may encounter up to five of these critters.
7. Try the magic word PLUGH also. Drop silver, gold nugget,
diamonds, jewelry, and coins. If you haven't already, you
will soon encounter a thieving pirate. Not to worry, he's
got to rob you at least once if you're to win all the marbles.
8. Carrying food, ax, bottle of water, key (all for later)
and lantern, visit the software den (Microsoft Version only).
Don't mess with anything--Software types are a weird lot.
Get magic word LWPI. Works only from here.
9. Water plant twice. Get water for the second pass at the
10. Attack dragon. Yes. Get rug.
11. Get oil (in now empty bottle). Climb the plant.
12. Oil door. Open door. Drop bottle. While here and while carrying
golden eggs, enter FEE, FIE, FOE, FOO, one word at a time. Check
your inventory. Go back to where you first found the eggs.
13. Throw eggs (to troll). Cross bridge before the FEE, FIE, whatever.
14. Feed bear. Unlock chain (with key). Get golden chain. Drop key.
Get bear. Don't forget the rare spices. At volcano view, read and
remember the words of fire.
15. Release bear. Don't try crossing the bridge with him on the chain.
16. Open oyster (with trident). Pearl will roll down into the
17. Insert coin to get a replacement battery for your lamp,
if necessary. Coins are a treasure, however, and you won't ge
them back, so try beating the game with the original batteries
18. Never drop vase unless you have already dropped the pillow.
19. Drop everything in order to enter. Get emerald.
20. Say PLOVER. Get pyramid. PLOVER, PLUGH and pi-tooie!
21. You must traverse the maze to get Pirate's Treasure
Chest, which doesn't appear until he's robbed you.
Return via the Pit and XYZZY. Drop all treasures in
22. Drop magazine in Witt's End for a point. Get out by
entering all different directions except north. It may
take a while. Slog around in various and distant locations
until a voice announces that the cave is now closed.
At this point you are teleported to the two-room Master's
23. Get black rod (with the rusty marks, not the star).
Drop rod in the northeast room. Retreat to the southwest
room. Type blast. Alternate endings are possible, but
will not yield sufficient points to earn you the rank
of adventure grandmaster.
What -- Where
Golden Eggs -- Giant Room
Trident -- Magnificent Canyon
Pearl -- Clam Room
Pirate's Chest -- Pirate's Maze
Platinum -- Pyramid Dark Room
Emerald -- Plover Room
Ming Vase (and Pillow) -- Oriental Room
Rare Spices -- Chamber of Boulders
Persian Rug -- Dragon's Den
Golden Chain -- Bear's Chamber
Diamonds -- West Side of Fissure
Jewelry -- South Side Chamber
Gold Nugget -- Gold Room
Silver Bars -- North-South Passage
Coins -- West Side Chamber
CheatBook DataBase 2014
is a freeware "cheat-code tracker" that makes hints Tricks and cheats (for PC, Walkthroughs, PSP, Sega, Wii, Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Nintendo 64, DVD, Gameboy
Advance, Gameboy Color, N-Gage, Nintendo DS, XBox, XBox 360, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Super Nintendo) easily accessible from one central location. All Cheats inside from the first CHEATBOOK january 1998 until today.